Wednesday 9 January 2019

Deadpool 2 (2018)


Directed by: David Leitch
Written by:  Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick & Ryan Reynolds

Foul-mouthed mutant mercenary Wade Wilson (AKA. Deadpool), brings together a team of fellow mutant rogues to protect a young boy with supernatural abilities from the brutal, time-traveling cyborg, Cable.


Finally managed to catch Deadpool 2 on Blu-Ray. I'm mad at myself that I didn't watch it sooner.

I like the story. It has new mutants who I've been dying to see in a film, and some I didn't know I wanted to see, but I'm sure glad are there. The plot reminds me a bit of Looper, which is a good thing because I like that film, but also they are different enough so it doesn't feel like it's the same movie just redone in the superhero universe. Also it's not like Looper was the first story to juggle with the idea.

But in a movie like this, is story the most important thing? Don't you want to know about the action? And my god the action rules. It's fun, energetic and totally bad ass, unless it's not meant to be. 

And another important thing about this movie is the humour. How does that work? Well I already said that the action scenes are fun, and that's one of the most important things in an action comedy. But otherwise? The movie is pretty funny. Of course the humour is crude but that's the whole point. It's silly and ridiculous, and there is definitely better humour out there somewhere, but for this film... It's alright.

Visually the movie is incredible. The effects are cool and for once I'm not bothered by the amount of CGI. 

Deadpool 2 is alright. I was expecting for something better. It's mostly saved by the awesome characters, especially the new ones. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment