Tuesday 31 January 2017

January - Short Reviews

2.1. Monster-in-Law (2005) - 2 / 10

The rented DVD was so scratched like after 1h 16min the movie just stopped working completely, and that was a blessing.

7.1. (500) Days of Summer (2009) - 5 / 10

I like the way this movie depicts guys who get obsessed with a girl and then like the image they had in their head instead of the girl. I like the way it's clear what happens was not Summer's fault - she was very clear about her intentions from the beginning. I like how we shouldn't feel bad for Tom because he is clearly an asshole. But I dislike the way this movie isn't as clear as it should be: people might see this movie and blame Summer for everything and not realise what it's like for women to meet a guy like Tom.

This movie is good, but also seriously frustrating because of Tom. I love the music, it's amazing and has affected my own taste a lot.

7.1. Kick-Ass 2 (2013) - 5 / 10

I remember when this movie came out, I loved it so much. I like these movies because there's no way things would go well for anyone who decided to just become a superhero. These movies are violent, brutal and emotionally so rough.

But now that I've seen this movie too many times, I notice how tacky the screenwriting is. Especially during those scenes where Mindy clashes with the popular high school girls. Girls can be mean, but you wouldn't know that listening to these girls talk.

Still fight scenes are fun, character designs are amazing, and there's something in Kick-Ass movies that just couldn't be done in typical DC or Marvel movies, some kind of irony that could never work in Avengers. Of course Deadpool comes close, but Deadpool's not a typical Marvel movie, is it?

7.1. Hot Fuzz (2007) - 9 / 10

I love this movie so much, and it's fun to make friends watch this and see their confusion!


No comments:

Post a Comment