Sunday 14 January 2018

Four Rooms (1995)


Directed and written by: Allison Anders, Alexandre Rockwell, Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino

Four interlocking tales that take place in a fading hotel on New Year's Eve.


This is the first movie I watched this year, even though it's been two weeks since this year began. School's been keeping me occupied.

I've loved Four Rooms ever since I saw it. It's an excellent episode film, where each episode is weirder than the other. Even though there are four different directors for each part, they go along perfectly even though styles differ from each other. Also all have certain really weird kind of cheesy elements that go well with the weird stories, like really bad special effects and transitions between scenes or weirdly dramatic musical sound effects...

If there's something I don't exactly like about this is that there's some overlap between the second and third segment. If it was done flawlessly, I'd be completely ready to accept it, but I have hard time trying to place the second segment The Wrong Man inside the third segment The Misbehavers.

Still, Four Rooms is a hilarious comedy. It's over the top, but that doesn't matter, it goes well with the short stories.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment