Wednesday 5 December 2018

The Princess Switch (2018)


Directed by: Mike Rohl
Written by: Robin Bernheim & Megan Metzger

A Chicago baker is competing in a Christmas baking competition in Belgravia. There she bumps into the prince's fiancee. They look alike and switch for 2 days.


I could repeat almost everything I said in my review for A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding. Almost. This movie is unoriginal with very typical plotlines. It's the kind of movie that can just play in the background when you're celebrating te holidays. 

The thing is, this plot has been done million times, so if your going to do it again, you should add something new to it. It's just a bundle of clichés you can predict a thousand miles away.  The writing just isn't very good or original. Biggest problem with me is how these two characters are supposed to have different personalities, but they seem very alike. The only difference is how they are described, but you just don't see that description when the characters are on the screen.

But what this movie has that A Christmas Prince didn't, is that I actually like the romances here. I actually get invested in the love-lives of the two main characters, and that doesn't happen to me often. 

Even though this is another unoriginal Netflix original background movie, it's very sweet, and I liked it way more than I did Christmas Prince movies. Will I rewatch this? No. Do I want a sequel? Hell no. But watching it wasn't the worst thing ever, and sometimes I thought good things about the movie. It's average, super average, but maybe some people like it, and I don't see the harm in that.

☆☆☆☆☆
5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment