Thursday 10 July 2014

"She thinks she's found a magical land... In the upstairs wardrobe!"


I've never been a big fan of fantasy. ... Okay I have been once, but haven't been for several years. And Narnia didn't interest me at all. I've read the first book and I've seen it as a play. Now I thought I'd finally see the movie. ... Mostly because I liked one adorable character when I was little and he is played by one of my favourite actors so yeah.

Actually The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean sometimes book adaptations are freakishly bad. They are either too strictly to the book (first Harry Potter movie) or completely different (Percy Jackson). From what I remember from the book, I think The Lion, The.... I think the movie was pretty accurate but not too much, not like all the lines are straight copies from the book.

Characters are interesting, but I don't think they are worth watching another movie or reading another book. Especially Lucy is a very good character. And Aslan is great, except that he is basically Jesus. And well, my favourite character Mr Tumnus is of course adorable, but I don't know if there could be any more to the character, I mean something that wasn't already said. So yeah.

Movie was alright but not really my cup of tea.

☆☆☆☆
4 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment