Saturday 26 July 2014

"We keep secrets from lots of people, including our self - and that we call forgetting."


While trying to steal a painting, Simon gets hit on his head. After that he can't remember where he hid the painting worth millions. A crime boss hires a hypno-therapist, to make Simon remember things that are forgotten.

I bought the movie on sale at a video rental place. I like going there, seeing movies that were previously "rental only" and then buy them. Anyway, Trance seemed interesting because... well for one thing McAvoy is one of my favourite actors. Secondly, I've heard people say good things about this movie. And thirdly, the plot seemed really interesting. It seemed somehow original. 

If I had to put this movie into a one category (not necessarily a genre) with other movies, Trance would belong to the same group with The Fountain and Slipstream. Trance is definitely not for someone, who only wants to watch a movie for fun. It needs concentrating and patience. Mostly because not concentrating might make you miss something. And being impatient may lead to giving up on the movie because so many things aren't explained. ... Yeah, but then again, who would want to see a movie with everything explained beforehand?

Music in Trance is also fantastic. Not necessarily a score someone would typically choose, but it works with not so typical storyline. The music was fantastic, and even though there wasn't lots of stuff happening all the time, it could be something little, but it was the music that made the atmosphere perfect. I count at least like three times they made scenes absolutely perfect and I just sat there like "Oh my god, this is the exact kind of movie I live for". Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Acting was also absolutely great. Not so many well-known actors, with the exception of James McAvoy and Rosario Dawson, who still aren't exactly actors everyone knows. But every casting choice was a spot on. No exaggerations, like hiring some super awesome hollywood stars, no. ... I'm not exactly sure what I meant by that.

But yeah, absolutely amazing movie. I recommend this to anyone who would want to see maybe a bit more complicated movie, that probably blows your mind.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
10 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment