Thursday 16 October 2014

"If you only look where you can't go, you will miss the riches below."


Engineer Michael Jennings works for about two months for a company in secret, and afterwards gets his memories erased and a big paycheck. This is how the life goes - until a bigger job is proposed to him. Three years working on a job and about 90 million dollars afterwards. Jennings then wakes up three years later, and soon realises the job wasn't that simple: FBI and old boss are on his tail, and he only has 20 items that he sent to himself - though he doesn't remember why.

I actually don't even remember why I had this movie. Because I just started to watch it and then... I didn't even know what it was about. But it was very interesting, and very exciting. And when I started watching, I first thought that "Why am I watching this? I don't even know what this is about, maybe I should just stop." But then I didn't stop, and I continued watching and damn I was hooked soon. I mean the plot, the story is so damn thrilling I just had to sit on the edge of my seat so I could see what happens / has happened. It was really cool.

I was kinda happy about Jennings and Rachel, who were romantically involved. I mean when Rachel joined Jennings, to help him, there wasn't clear leader in their team of two. And there was nothing like "Go!" "No I won't go without you!" bullshit - or  at least at first there was nothing like that. Just in the end. But I hate that fucking clichéd sacrificing yourself and blah blah. Most people in the situation like that would probably rather go with the ones they love than try to sacrifice themselves for the greater good and for their loved ones.

Also I started to think about one thing. I mean basically Jennings had to go with the stuff he had sent himself. He just had to trust, well, himself and just keep his eyes open so he knew what to do and so on. But what if he had done something differently? Would he have dared to try do something different? Would you dare do something different? In a situation like that I think I would be thinking all the time if I'm even going to the right direction. Like what if I had done something a little different and ended up in some other place? I seriously couldn't stop thinking that. Well I don't think I'll get into a situation like that.

Anyway, Paycheck was good. It's not the best science fiction action movie out there, but it is seriously good. I warmly recommend it to any friends of science fiction and / or action. It's very nice, even though it wouldn't make it to be your favourite.

☆☆☆☆
4 / 10

(Note: The rating was edited on 21st of February 2015 after thinking about the movie more)

No comments:

Post a Comment