Friday 24 October 2014

"My name is Vassily Orlov. Today, a Russian agent will travel to New York city to kill the President. This agent is KA-12."


Evelyn Salt is working for the CIA, and suddenly is accused of being a Russian spy, who's going to kill the Russian president visiting America. 

And that's seriously how much I can tell about the plot. I mean I read that on IMDb or somewhere and I wasn't exactly boiling with excitement to watch this. I just thought Salt would be an action movie that wouldn't actually stand out. But it did stand out with its complex plot and plot twists which just came after another. And what was best about those plot twists is that they never left me thinking "well that was cheap" or anything negative. I was mostly confused but usually the things got clearer towards the end - like it's supposed to go. I like the story and the complex plot, because you can't just watch this movie, you have to concentrate. True, Salt maybe isn't like Slipstream or Inception, which you have to watch at least two times before you figure them truly out. (Actually I've seen Slipstream twice and I still haven't figured it out. I have my theory on it, but it's... sort of lacking still.) But I don't think action movies need to be too complex - Salt just was a bit more complex than action movies usually are, and I loved that.

Actually I wanted to watch this movie because I'm starting to fall for Angelina Jolie. I first saw her in Wanted, and after that in Mr and Mrs Smith. She's a truly amazing actress and she looks how I would like to look. She looks like if she would beat me up and leave me die, I would probably feel happy about it. There are several women who look like that - another one is Natalie Dormer. Anyway, Jolie was a perfect choice for Evelyn Salt, and I couldn't imagine anyone else as Salt even if I wanted to try. But I've mostly seen Jolie in action movies. I wonder if I should try seeing her in other kind of movies...

The ending was also kind of lacking - which gives us hope for a possible sequel. I'd watch the hell out of that, if they're ever going to do it. However I doubt they can still do the complex plot they did now - and the plot twists are already kind of used. Like we don't know everything about Salt, but there's nothing truly horrible to be revealed any more, I think. 

I recommend this movie to anyone who adores Angelina Jolie and loves action movies - especially more complex one. And of course I recommend this movie to anyone who is aching for a female led action movie - you have one here, and this one is good.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment