Saturday 18 July 2015

"Listen, I've been married for twenty five years to the same wonderful, infuriating woman. And granted there are days when I want to light her on fire but I don't, because I love her. And that would be illegal."


Year: 2008
Director: Tom Vaughan 
Writer: Dana Fox

Joy and Jack both go to Vegas for their own reasons, and the morning after they realise they got married, and they win three million dollars. Argument about who the money belongs to leads to divorce: which they can't get unless they live together six months, trying to make their marriage work.

I mostly wanted to watch something, because I've been so lazy during July I haven't written anything - at least not on my blog. So I took the first interesting looking movie on Netflix and watched it. 

The start of the movie is very interesting, it was both typical and not typical for a romantic comedy. And when they want the divorce, the scheming between Joy and Jack is fun and even clever. This movie has everything you'd want from a romantic comedy, but that doesn't necessarily make it good. There are elements and plot points so typical in this movie, all the originality feels very insignificant. This movie seems to have almost every typical trope possible. Then again, I wasn't expecting this to be something special or in any way original. 

And I might be wrong on this, since I've only seen him play two different characters, but... I have a feeling Aston Kutcher can't really act. He was almost exactly the same here than he was in That 70's Show. Is he only that famous and popular because of his looks, because it seems that way.

So if you want a stupid romantic comedy to watch with someone special, this might be your movie. But don't watch it expecting it to be brilliant. 

☆☆☆
3 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment