Sunday 24 January 2016

My favourite Tarantino movies

That's a misleading title, because they are all my favourites. So today I will try to put all Tarantino's movies in a list - rank them in the order I prefer them. But to be honest putting them in order is hard, considering I really like all of them. I'll still try my best. 

Normally I'd put the score I've given them here also, but considering I just did all the reviews, they should be rather easy to find.

So here they are, from best to "worst", even though the "worst" movie on this list is definitely amazing as well. I'll also include short summaries of why I like these films, and I'll add links to the reviews.
1. Reservoir Dogs
Reservoir Dogs is a clever film, and the time in the film is spent well. There's no moment wasted, and there's no moment I don't enjoy watching this film. The dialogue and soundtrack are both astonishing. Check out Little Green Bag by George Baker Selection, it's such a good track.
2. Kill Bill
Definitely my favourite action film of all time. Revenge is a theme that's been used forever, but Kill Bill still stands out. It has amazing characters, especially the main character The Bride is one amazing character. I hope I still hear people talking about it when I'm 50, and I'm crazy old movie lady.
3. Pulp Fiction
Pulp Fiction is legendary in every way. Most people know some of the scenes of this film, even if they haven't seen the film. That also has a downside: a cynic in me wants to see Pulp Fiction as a totally overrated movie. But once I saw it again, it just is that good. It has definitely earned its status. Every story in Pulp Fiction is good - they are old stories yet when they are connected, something new is brought up in each of them.
4. The Hateful Eight
If I'm not completely mistaken, The Hateful Eight is the first western I've ever seen. But it isn't just a simple western, it's a thriller and a mystery. I love the rhythm in this movie, and I love the story. I've heard people say it's the most boring movie from QT, but I disagree. Where would you even add action? The Hateful Eight also the first Tarantino movie I saw in theatres. The big screen shows the film in its true potential, so if you're able, go see it.
5. Death Proof
The biggest reason I love Death Proof is the characters - so many amazing, well-written badass female characters. It's also very thrilling and interesting, and the bad guy of this story is terrifying in a way that he is so very real. 
6. Django Unchained
Django Unchained, like Kill Bill, is a story about revenge, yet it manages to be different from Kill Bill. Of course Django Unchained is a brutal film, but it's also amazing to watch, just to see all the bad guys die by Django's hand. There's nothing more satisfying than that.
7. Inglourious Basterds
I'm not a big fan of war movies, but Inglourious Basterds was a very interesting experience, mostly because of the two plans overlapping, and interesting and complex characters. It was also very thrilling and satisfying, for the same reasons as Django Unchained. 
8. Jackie Brown
I hate saying that I'd like Jackie Brown the least, considering I still love that movie. The story is exciting and Jackie Brown is one clever, cunning and bad ass woman. The plot was amazing and complex. The reason why it is last on this list was that for a moment I had no clue what was going on, and that the story seems to be missing something, yet I can't say what. Still, Jackie Brown is a good movie, and worth watching.

Of course the readers of this blog have no idea how annoying it must have been to converse with me for the past two weeks, considering I dropped Quentin Tarantino's name or movies to the conversation a lot. It's not like I'll stop talking about him now, but I hope I'll at least calm down with my, uh... Obsession is a rather strong word, but it's the best I can come up with. Anyway, I love his movies and he seems like such an interesting man in every way. I aspire to be like him - at least somehow - once I have my own career in film-making. He's enthusiasm and passion about films is astonishing. 


Okay, that's enough of kissing his ass! 

Anyway, leave a comment on which one is your favourite Tarantino film. I'm also very interested in hearing movie recommendations now that I feel like I have nothing left to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment