Thursday 7 July 2016

Sharknado (2013)


Directed by: Anthony C. Ferrante
Written by: Thunder Levin

When a freak storm hits Los Angeles, the shark will swim on the flooded ground and fly through the in some fucking tornadoes.


You might be wondering who would even watch Sharknado, but a better question is who would actually write a review of this movie. That's right, I would. I knew Sharknado was a B-movie, and I knew its reputation, yet I was honestly so bored I wanted to watch something and Sharknado seemed stupid enough. That's exactly what I thought to myself before watching this movie: "Well, this seems stupid, let's watch."

I can appreciate B-movies and cult movies, no matter how stupid they are. The makers of these probably don't give a rat's ass about what anyone else might think. In a way I see that profession as one of the best. You can just come up with whatever and make it, and whenever it's viewed as bad you can say "well DOY." These films are mostly fun because of how stupid they are, but they don't always reach that level of hilarity. Did Sharknaddo reach that level? I don't think so.

Sharknado does have few of those amazing funny details that make it hilarious. First of all, the sharks are so shitty, yet everyone reacts to them so dramatically. One of the most ridiculous things about this film is how serious it seems. The soundtrack is dramatic, so is the acting - honestly, I expected something much, much worse - and the way there's a slight hing of some depth in the main characters, though that is nowhere near as deep as what would actually surprise you. 

But while it's all fun and ridiculous, Sharknado is actually pretty boring. While they are all fighting and running for their lives, nothing seems that interesting. You don't root for anyone, and it isn't that much fun you could watch it alone like the best of B-movies. 

Of course Sharknado is bad, it's supposed to be bad. But it's not bad in the fun way, it's just utterly lame and boring. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm disappointed - I thought this would turn out to be better.

☆☆
2 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment