Sunday 31 July 2016

July - Short Reviews

01.07. They Call Me Trinity (1970) - 7 / 10

Damn, I didn't know this was originally in Italian! We watched it in English! I would've preferred the Italian version...

This is the first time I watched a Terence Hill & Bud Spencer movie. If I'm completely honest, I'm slightly disappointed - not because the movie wasn't good, but probably because my friend told me how amazing these films are.

They Call Me Trinity is an excellent spaghetti western, but the film's slow pace is one of its greatest weaknesses. It's too easy to just... not pay attention to what's happening. But still, this film is extremely funny, and the cast is excellent. The experience was amazing - apart from the subtitles that continually had the figure 3/4 in the middle of dialogue.

02.07. Deadpool (2016) - 7 / 10

Still so much fun! I like X-Men, but Deadpool stands out. It's more violent and vulgar than any superhero movie and I love it!

05.07. Dinosaur (2000) - 5 / 10

I haven't seen this film since I was a little kid. I watched this because my little sister has always been enthusiastic about dinosaurs, and her enthusiasm just got back because she started playing Primal Carnage (so she definitely isn't that young little sister.)

But the animation in this film is amazing. It seems different from the 3D animations Disney is doing these days. The characters don't always look extremely realistic when looking at their face, but every hair on the fur of those lemurs is visible to the eye. And every scenery, which apparently are sometimes actual real locations, is extremely beautiful. I can't compare the visual side of Dinosaur to any other animated movie. Nothing comes close.

But that's where that ends. The plot doesn't feel too interesting to an adult, of course children might think it's exciting. The plot and everything else is mostly just typical Disney shit and nothing extremely interesting. The best part of this film is no doubt the visual side.

10.07. The Conjuring (2013) - 4 / 10

The plot is annoying. A white family moves in to a house, shit goes down and no one comes up with the simple idea to MOVE OUT OF THE NEW HOUSE.

There were few scenes during which I had to keep my eyes closed - not because it was that terrifying, but because you just knew there were going to be some jumpscares. Jumpscares are effective in like the very moment they come to you, but they don't leave you paranoid or scared after the movie ends. Jumpscares are a cheap tactic to get you scared on that very second but not a moment longer.

And this movie could've been terrifying if it wasn't for so many "scary" scenes that just looked absolutely ridiculous. And you know what is the most terrifying thing? When you can't see the evil.A few times this movie managed that, and your mind comes up with the most twisted things you can imagine. Many of the spirits in this movie seemed ridiculous, and it could've been horrifying if we hadn't seen them at all.

Decent horror film, but there are so many things that could've been done better.

24.07. Whip It (2009) 9 / 10

I love this! I ordered roller skates bc of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment