Monday 11 February 2013

"This is amazing! You are literally like my musical soul mate."


This movie was so sweet. I wanted  to watch something romantic for a change - I may have mentioned I don't like romantic movies - and it was either this, The Fountain, or 500 Days of Summer. Well, I've seen 500 days of Summer like three times, and if I had watched Fountain, I would've cried all night. So I decided to go with something I hadn't seen.

I am not disappointed. I love Kat Dennings so much, and well yes, Michael Cera too. And I loved how music had a important role in this. And it wasn't like MUSIC IS SO THE BEST THING ON EARTH, it was like... they loved music - everybody loves music - and what's most important, they loved the same music. And when Nick made mixed CDs for her ex-girlfriend, who threw them away, Norah took them, and Norah loved them. It was so sweet. 

When I realised that Nick's bandmates were all gay, I was almost afraid how they would ruin it, and each and everyone of them would be a cliché, but no. They were all different characters, and it was cool. 

I simply loved this movie, it was so fresh and sweet and everything. One of those romantic movies that I could actually watch more than once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment