Thursday 6 June 2013

"I am better." "At what?" "Everything."


Everyone's been going on and on about newest Star Trek film. I decided to go check it out, since I wanted to start my cinema summer as soon as I could.

Star Trek Into Darkness, was pretty cool. Really exciting, and they had some brilliant actors there again. Chris Pine is awesome Kirk, Zachary Quinto is good as Spock, and they've just chosen the right actors to play characters that are more known played by someone else. But it's not just Kirk and Spock that are good, also Sulu, Chekov, Scotty and of course my favourite, Bones. And of course I enjoy seeing Leonard Nimoy every once in a while. But this casting is mostly the same as it was in the first J. J.'s Star Trek. But what about the new faces, Alice Eve, Benedict Cumberbatch?
Alice Eve was really good, as always. I've been really enjoying her other work as well. But we all know, that people are most excited about Cumberbatch. Well, he was just... alright. I don't know, why I didn't like his role as much as everyone else has seemed to enjoy. 

The plot was good. Although, there was a one pet peeve of mine that I wish they could've avoid. This spoils a bit much, so here goes: Kirk went into ... I have no idea what's the name of that place, but anyway, there was a lot of radiation. He got Enterprise working again, but he died. I was heart broken, as I think many viewers have been. But then they decided to use Khan's blood, and bring him back alive. Because the writer's just couldn't kill off Kirk's character, could they? (Yeah, I know, I've done this thing too - bringing a character back from the dead. But I'll be honest - I'll never do that to main character.) It works at some points, (Deadpool breaking the fourth wall, Xavier in the end of Last Stand...) but usually it's just... meh.

But yeah, it could've been better. I'm kind of disappointed.

*****

But hey, this might have been my nicest experience at a movie theatre. When I got there, I saw that the posters were free this time! (I'm enjoying movie themed posters, as others cover their walls with bands) But there were people at the poster stand, so I just spent three minutes looking at The Wolverine poster. Then I went to look at the other posters. I couldn't find The Wolverine one, so I'll probably have to wait until next time. If there isn't any, I'll probably have to ask for one. Because I need a Wolverine poster. Anyway, I got a Hit-Girl one, since I'm also excited about Kick-Ass 2.


Anyway, then I realised that the movie is about to start. I hurried upstais, got my ticket checked, and walked into the hall, and boom - there's no one there. I was all alone during the whole movie, and I got to admit: I enjoyed it. I was even happy that no one came with me, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the moment myself. 

But yeah, I mentioned cinema summer. It means that there's so many cool movies coming up this summer. Well, Star Trek was one of them, but then there's Kick-Ass 2, Man of Steel, Now you see me and of course Wolverine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment