Sunday 17 November 2013

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."

So I watched V for Vendetta.

I've always wanted to watch this movie, and now I have. How Marvellous.

The idea is brilliant, very brilliant. I like the idea of dystopia and a "Big Brother" that is watching, every since George Orwell's 1984. Yeah. and I loved how the chancellor's name was Sutler. Because the first thing that popped into my head was, of course, Hitler. And I will be damned if that wasn't why they named him Sutler.

I still don't know if I like Natalie Portman. She's good but sometimes I find her annoying, and I don't know why.

Hugo Weaving was an interesting choice for V. I'm used to seeing his face, like in Matrix and Captain America and blah blah. He was really nice as V, especially when he talked a lot and I don't know. His voice was perfect. Also, V's character reminded me a bit of ... Deadpool. What, you ask now, how is that possible? Well, the way he was "born", the way his skin is scarred, the way he wears a mask all the time. Yup. 

Quite a lot of actors in this movie... and most of them were good. Stephen Fry, John Hurt, Rupert Graves... all did a god damn good job. 

But the movie had a moment when I guess most of the people just sit there watching, "what". And I won't spoil more, but seriously, watch this movie. I don't know if it's going to be my favourite, but it was really inspiring. I do not regret watching it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment