Thursday 26 June 2014

"I just missed your heart."


Hanna has lived with his dad for her whole life, training to be a perfect assassin, until she is ready. Then the fight starts - Hanna travels through Europe running from intelligence operative, Marissa Wiegler, and everyone she sends after her. And along her journey we learn more about her.

Hanna somehow reminded me of Ultraviolet at first. I have no idea why, Hanna is way better than that movie, that's for sure. So many people on IMDb aren't very happy with this movie. I don't know why. I mean it's obviously not the best action movie out there, but the story is way more interesting compared to those action movies that sells the best - the action movies which most often have straight white male as the main character and so on. Hanna... well, she is white, but she's sixteen - actually I thought she was younger, though I'm not sure she being sixteen is reliable fact - female and well, for some reason doesn't seem that straight either.

Also some of the places Hanna visited were places not often visited in movies like this. I mean it started in Kuusamo, Finland. I mean no stories happen in Finland, wow. And then there was Morocco, which was also nice and Spain. Well, Germany isn't a surprise, but all those others were wonderful.

I prefer it the way we don't get all the information on Hanna at once. That would be... well, we would know stuff about her but not her. When we learn everything slowly, it gives us more time to put all the puzzle pieces of a character. Someone once gave advice on writing, that we shouldn't withhold important information on character. I think we should do so, somewhat. If the character doesn't know everything, neither should we. And if the character does, maybe everything isn't said at once. I mean if they take their past for granted, they may not explain it at the readers / viewers. If a character on the first page / first scene pronounced everything there is to know about their origins, their past, it would kind of... make us lose interest.

Anyway I'm getting off the topic.

I really liked the movie. I don't know if it was good, but there's a difference of liking something and something being good. (Like I'd rather watch Days Of Future Past than The Hunt, but The Hunt is still a better movie, you know?) Anyway, I'd love to watch it again someday. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment