Sunday 7 September 2014

"Nice wig, Janis. What's it made of?" "Your mom's chest hair!"


Cady has been home-schooled most her life, but now it's time for her to join the actual high school world. By accident Cady finds herself befrieding three most popular and most feared girls known as the plastics. With some aid from other friends, she starts to sabotage the plastics from the inside, but by what cost?

That was a really lame summary by me, as usual.

If I like something about this movie, it's the script and the writing. I mean it's amazing. It was really hard to try looking for the best possible quote for the title of the post, because this movie has many of the best quotes, and many of the best known quotes also. I mean when I first saw the movie, I was like "So that's where that's from", over and over again. The one-liners are usually so much fun. But then there's also Cady's inner narration, which has a lot of longer parts, which are also very well written.

And then of course there's the thing that this movie teaches a very important lesson. Ms Norbury says at that one part: "You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts and whores." That lien is something most girls should take note of. And why not boys too. 

If I can say one other thing - I mean I should say more things, but I only have this one to say - I used to like this movie. It's well written, it's fun and it has a good purpose. But... you get tired of it. And I don't usually go for high school movies, with a few exceptions that all include James Spader. I just don't enjoy watching high school stuff, I mean I'm living through high school right now. Like I'd rather watch something else. Sure, high school in US is probably a bit different, but still, you know. I want to watch something I haven't experienced. Not that I've experienced stuff like Mean Girls, Easy A and Pretty In Pink, but I mean... high school is high school. It's hell, why is there so many movies about it? I feel like they are mostly for the teenagers not yet in high school, I don't know. The only high school thing I like to watch regularly is Sabrina The Teenage Witch, but come on, Sabrina is a witch. Her life is a bit more exciting.

I've seen this movie several times, yes. I only watched it now so I could do a review. I didn't do any last week nor this week (until now) and I feel... weird if I don't do any in several weeks. I feel weirdly guilty. Now anyway, woohoo, mission accomplished, one review done. I have no idea what to watch next week.

6/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment