Saturday 21 February 2015

"I'm through with love, I'll never fall again."


A girl gets her father together with a woman she knows almost everything about, while her half-sister gets engaged, but meets someone more exciting.

Basically Everyone Says I Love You is about relationships and love-life of this one family. Everyone has some kind of drama at one point, so yeah.

First of all, this is the first movie I've seen by Woody Allen. I don't know what I was expecting, but well, somehow Everyone Says I Love You was exactly what I expected - except for all that singing, that was a bit of surprise. Especially when I learnt that Tim Roth can sing - if he did really sing his parts. (Apparently he did, everyone did except Drew Barrymore)

Actually I have a feeling I wrote so much about The Shining I may not be so successful with this one.

Well, the movie was funny. I give it that. But it was also quite boring, especially when I usually don't want to watch movies that only revolve around relationships. And the fact that it had so many different stories kind of made the boring parts worse, because I got interested in the relationship between two characters, and then everything else seemed like it was in the way for that story. I just wanted those stories to go faster so I'd get to the "good parts." 

Also the movie was kind of bizarre, mostly because of the singing. Because the musical parts were highlighted. And in the end DJ, the narrator, mentioned how her sister said how if this was a movie, it should be a musical, otherwise no one would believe it. And DJ earlier kind of breaks the fourth wall mentioning it is a musical. And it's like everyone is aware of singing, but it's not considered off. Like in musicals usually no one says anything about anyone singing, because somehow they aren't singing, it's their way of doing dialogue. I have no idea if that makes sense, I hope it does. 

The cast was incredible, and almost unbelievable. Like there's Woody Allen (no surprise there), Goldie Hawn, Julia Roberts, Drew Barrymore, Edward Norton, Tim Roth, Natasha Lyonne, Natalie Portman... Like so many people in same movie, it was almost unbelievable. And it's so weird  considering Norton's only movie role before this was in Primal Fear, it's like, in two roles his career was so varied compared to some actors' / actresses' whole career. Like first thriller / drama and then romantic comedy musical. 

☆☆☆☆
4 / 10

Also after this movie, I'm 64 % done with my challenge. Ten more movies to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment