Wednesday 5 August 2015

"I didn't come here to tell you that I can't live without you. I can live without you. I just don't want to."

Year: 2005
Director: Rob Reiner 
Writer: T. M. Griffin

"Sarah Huttinger is a woman who learns that her family was the inspiration for the book and film "The Graduate" -- and that she just might be the offspring of the well-documented event."
- Summary written by Anonymous

Netflix recommended this movie to me, because I had seen Extract. The summary made me think it could be something like Arrested Development, so I decided to watch it.

The beginning of the movie was perfect. It explained simply important background, and kind of gave you certain expectations of the movie. When the actual movie started, you started putting the pieces together, figuring out what would most likely happen. Also the ending makes you think that you know exactly what will happen, but the movie will surprise you. However, the surprise comes quite early, so you don't spend the entire movie. The beginning might have been the strongest point of the movie - not that the movie otherwise was weak.

One of the most interesting characters was Sarah's grandmother. She was somehow different from typical grandmothers, but isn't that typical on its own? Even if she's interesting, I'm glad the movie didn't focus on her too much. But mostly the characters seemed boring, apart from Beau Burroughs and the main character Sarah. Sarah is relatable, she feels slightly lost, still looking for herself. That, however, is used very often. It doesn't get too old, though. Sarah made me think of Megan in Laggies.

In the end, the movie was very nice. It was funny, it was an excellent drama, and the romance part wasn't as typical as I feared it would be. This movie was both typical and unexpected. This movie was fresh and very nice. It's everything you'd expect from a good drama. It wasn't anything close to what I was expecting, if I truly was expecting something close to Arrested Development, but I don't think I really imagined to see anything like that.

Rumor has it... Is a nice movie, fresh and an excellent drama. If you are a friend of drama, you want to watch this one.

☆☆☆☆☆☆
6 / 10


No comments:

Post a Comment