Friday 28 August 2015

Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats


Written by: Chelsea Peretti

I was actually hoping to watch a movie or something, mostly because I'm doing my philosophy project on movies. However I ended up watching stand up comedy, even if I've always claimed I hate stand up. Oops.

I mostly got interested because I watch Brooklyn 99, and Peretti is amazing there, one of the best things about the show. Anyway, yes, I'm going to review stand up even if I'm a film blog.

The beginning of the whole thing was amazing. It was absurd, which is what made me believe that yes, this is truly going to be good. Another fun and weird little detail was these short edits where there was a clown or something as weird as that. It gave something that kind of broke your train of thought, when your focusing on the comedy and laughing or smiling or whatever you do when you're watching this, it's just kind of "wait a minute" -moment. It was good, it made this stand out from the regular stand up I've been watching*. It was almost artistic. Very good.

And Peretti's humour is good. Of course I don't laugh at everything, but mostly I enjoyed it. It's ironic, relatable, it's everything I could've asked for. And Peretti seems so natural on the stage, I envy that. 

So in short, this was a wild and a fun ride. I do recommend watching this, you won't regret it at all. (Though if you do don't blame me, I take no responsibility.)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
8 / 10


*What have I been watching? What kind of stand up am I used to? Well, I've seen something from Sami Hedberg. I don't like him, though. He's funny but nah. And of course I've seen few clips from Ismo Leikola. He is truly good, and didn't he won some kind of international stand up competition? Like he's the world's funniest man right now. I like him but I don't know if I could sit through entire show, you know. I could do that for Peretti though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment