Sunday 16 August 2015

3 TV shows you should watch

Some of these are "old" in a way they are well known, so I'm not throwing any indie to your face, but I need to mention three TV shows I've been hooked on during this summer. 


Arrested Development
"Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together."
Seasons watched: 4/?

I found Arrested Development once we got Netflix. It was probably the first TV show I started to watch from Netflix, and I love it. The humour is absurd, and you can't tell the jokes of the show to your friends, because then you would have to give a backstory to certain characters and explain the entire story arch for it to make sense.  I've enjoyed every minute of this TV show, even if the start of season 4 seemed a little weird after the three first ones. 

Arrested Development is funny, absurd and original, and it has amazingly funny and weird characters. 


That 70's Show
Seasons watched: 5 / 8

I started watching That 70's Show when my summer vacation started, and I loved it almost immediately. This show is very well made, because sometimes I almost forget it takes place in the 70's. It feels slightly ageless, even if sometimes I wish I knew more about the 70's pop culture, it would be easier to follow the show and understand the stuff. I love the characters, they feel like some distant family already. I don't agree with everything they do, but I still care about the characters. And to be honest, this is the first time in my adult life when I really cared about fictional characters.

That 70's show is funny, and somehow makes me feel warm and cozy at times. The show's like a nice warm cup of cocoa.


Brooklyn 99
Seasons watched: 2/?

The third show I started watching, when Netflix almost threw it in my face. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. Brooklyn 99 comfirmed that I love sitcoms that aren't shot basically from one angle and have a live audience that laughs at everything. Brooklyn 99 has elements of crime genre, but it takes a different angle to the crimes: the main character may at times be an asshole, but he truly loves his job as a cop, and I would love to see more characters be so enthusiastic about their jobs, it's amazing. The characters are amazing, and the diversity is wonderful. One of the very few show were I like all characters almost unconditionally. I feel like I could be every one of those.

Brooklyn 99 is crime and comedy, and it combines both genres wonderfully. Amazing show, and I just finished all that has been made by now and I desperately need more, now, please.

1 comment:

  1. 70's show on kyllä ihan paras sarja! sitä tulee katsottua telkkarista joka viikko :D!

    ReplyDelete