Tuesday 10 May 2016

TOP 5 FAVOURITE MOVIES and rest in alphabetical order

I feel like I haven't done a list of favourites for a while. I mean here, I actually do have a list which I update whenever I have new favourite movies.



I feel typical film enthusiast saying Pulp Fiction is my favourite movie, but it is. Sometimes I feel like Pulp Fiction is overrated, but every time I see it again I remember why so many people like it. Pulp Fiction is so excellently written, and it looks amazing, and the soundtrack is absolutely perfect, the cast is extremely well chosen. What more could you need from a movie?
10 / 10



Another film that might be cliché. Fight Club might be the most misunderstood movie out there. You see all these guys walking around thinking "man, Tyler Durden sure was cool, I'm gonna start a fight club too!!" while they seem to be forgetting the entire point of the movie. The original novel by Chuck Palahniuk is of course better than the film, but this is one of the best book-to-movie adaptations I've seen. There aren't too many changes and a lot is left for the viewer to interpret. 
10 / 10



My absolute favourite action movie. It's brutal both literally and emotionally. It is exploring so many themes, and it's just an epic film. Kill Bill is one of those films that get better and better every time I see it. I love Uma Thurman and all the other actors and actresses of this film.
10 / 10



Seven Psychopaths is an excellently written film that's absolutely hilarious. This movie has so many remarkable lines that I love to quote, no matter how annoying that might be to the people listening to me. Seven Psychopaths is also about writing films, which gives it layers, considering the main character talks about what kind of scenes he wants in his film. 
10 / 10



Sushi Girl was hailed as "100 % Tarantino Style" and I fell for it. I rented this movie and started really liking this film. While it's heavily influenced by Quentin Tarantino, it isn't a cheap copy. The film-makers have embraced the elements they've taken from Tarantino, and they've come up with a story of their own. 
10 / 10

The rest of my favourite films are in alphabetical order, because I can't say which one is better than the other:
  • 21 Jump Street
  • American Ultra
  • Battle Royale
  • Death Proof
  • Drive
  • Filth 
  • Four Rooms
  • From Dusk Till Dawn
  • Gone Girl
  • Heathers
  • Hostel, part II
  • Hot Fuzz
  • Jennifer's Body
  • Leaves of Grass
  • Mr Right
  • Oldboy
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman
  • The Silence of the Lambs
  • Trainspotting
  • Whip it

No comments:

Post a Comment