Sunday 3 April 2016

Bad Ass (2012)


Directed by: Craig Moss
Written by: Craig Moss & Elliot Tishman 

A Vietnam veteran becomes an Internet sensation and a local hero after defending a man from attackers in a bus, and he decides to take action when the police don't show any interest in solving the murder of his best friend


I rented this movie yesterday, mostly because it had Danny Trejo in it, and it looked like the kind of crappy action movie I like. 

The dialogue in this movie is the best kind of action dialogue there is. There's a lot of swearing and all that, and it feels natural. Also most of the comedy in this film comes from the dialogue. 

The story of this movie is alright. There's a lot of good ingredients there, like the character Frank Vega is awesome and would do better in another type of movie. But honestly, it just feels like he's a cheap, slightly altered version of Machete. But the thing is, I don't think anyone would watch Bad Ass for the story. It's an action movie, and unless an action movie is very special, you watch it for the action parts. And when it comes to action, Bad Ass was good. The action scenes were easy to watch and to keep track of, and they were neither long nor confusing.

It is Danny Trejo who makes this movie good. Like Danny Trejo is awesome by default, he could do anything in a movie, and I'd watch it. I'm not kidding, there could be a 30 minute movie with him eating tacos and I'd probably be like "Trejo is so bad ass wow!" I haven't seen him enough, I need to search for more movies.

Bad Ass is an alright action movie. Few details are nice, but as a whole it's barely above average. I recommend it to people who like action movies, no matter how good or bad they are.

☆☆☆☆☆☆
6 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment