Wednesday 31 August 2016

Five TV Shows That Kept Me Occupied During Summer 2016

Summers are a time when I have no motivation to start a movie and sit through it and pay attention wholly. It's easier to watch a TV show from Netflix, especially when the episodes are around 20 minutes long, because then you don't have to focus on them 100 % and you can do something else while watching. This is something I like to do when I have trouble concentrating on a movie that lasts 1,5 - 2 hours. 


ARCHER

I tried to watch Archer previously, but I didn't even make it through the first episode, because I didn't think this TV show was right for me. But during this Summer I wanted to find something to watch while I was waiting for new seasons of the shows I already loved. Eventually I managed to watch Archer and I started to like it. True, many of the running jokes annoyed me, and there is something in Archer that I just don't like, but in the end Archer is a really funny show, even if I don't necessarily enjoy the genre.


BOJACK HORSEMAN

I've seen first two seasons before, but the third season came out in July. I was so psyched and it didn't take too long for me to watch the third show as well. BoJack Horseman is probably one of my favourite shows. It feels like a typical, dirty adult animation, but it is so much more. There are many episodes that are just horrifyingly sad, and when you're watching this show alone at night it just makes you feel kind of... weird. As if you might achieve everything and still not be happy. This show manages to make me miserable yet I enjoy it. It's astonishing.


THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR

I've seen the first season maybe ten times, but finally I managed to actually watch the rest too - even if I'm still in the middle of the last season. This show is hilarious yet there are few really sad episodes. I love the way Will breaks the fourth wall. Since I watched this show when I was little most of these characters feel like family to me. True, Will's character is kind of an asshole sometimes, but hey, he is so charming it's easy to forget that.


FROM DUSK TILL DAWN

Yes I started watching this show before this summer, but I started re-watching the first season since I bought the DVD. I love this show, it's enchanting and it feels like the lore goes on and on yet it's never fully revealed. I'm looking forward to the third season.


MISFITS

I love this show, and I started watching it again, mostly because my little sister hadn't seen it before. I've finished season three but never gotten past that, but I'm planning on watching the rest with my sister ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment