Friday 18 November 2016

Hot Pursuit (2015)


Directed by: Anne Fletcher
Written by: David Feeney & John Quaintance

An uptight police officer has to protect the widow of a drug boss while her name is tarnished by dirty cops.


I find it hard to describe the movie since the description on the back of the cover felt a little inaccurate.

This movie caught my eye a while back, and when I was browsing through DVDs to rent, I decided to finally watch this. It seemed interesting - an action comedy with two amazing ladies starring. Female led comedies are really fun most of the time, and female led action comedies will always be so much fresher than their male counterparts. 

The plot of the movie is really thrilling and exciting. Of course the patterns are typical: the two main characters are trying to get away from two bad guys, who still show up all the time and the main characters never seem to get rid of them. That's all very predictable, you can always tell that the two bad guys are going to show up at the worst moment possible. Still the story had amazing and clever twists I did not see coming. Of course there are some weaknesses to the plot. There was that forced romance between Witherspoon's character and the... Did that character even have a name? Nobody needed that!

I love the leading actresses in this movie. I've seen Witherspoon in some romantic comedy once while I was in a plane, but I've always wanted to see Legally Blonde, I don't know why I still haven't. And Sofia Vergara is magnificent in Modern Family, and I really loved her in Machete Kills. 

Hot Pursuit is an entertaining action comedy. It's definitely worth a watch, although I will say this: it could've been gayer. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment