Friday 4 November 2016

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) + Trailer Thoughts


Directed by: David Yates
Written by: J.K. Rowling (novel) & Steve Kloves (screenplay)

Harry, Ron and Hermione are trying to find and destroy mystical and dangerous items known as horcruxes to finally destroy lord Voldemort.


Yes, I know it took me a while to watch all the Harry Potter movies, longer than I hoped. I haven't really watched other movies in between, because I wanted my blog to seem more or less clean with all the Harry Potter movies in a nice bundle. But to be fair, that was ruined by my Halloween post and the post with my shorter reviews from October. Still, I did manage to finish what I started, but honest to god I hope I never start anything like this ever again.

This movie is bullshit! There is so many useless scenes and they make me angry! They decided to make two movies out of one book, they cut many scenes out and then come up with scenes that don't exist and make no sense. I'd ask, but I know why: money. Two movies make more money than one. The people behind these films don't care about story telling they do this thinking about dollar signs - or pound signs, since it's a British film.

The original novel is so sad. There are so many significant deaths of characters you never feared would die. And in the movie those scenes are butchered. You briefly see someone dying - or you don't even see them dying, they just are dead all of a sudden. It's a lousy way to do this, because the emotional response from the audience isn't as great as when reading the novel. 

First part had the tale of three brothers that was so beautiful and amazing. The second part has nothing beautiful. Everything is million times faster and all the important pieces of information are lost. It's annoying!

I don't know if I can express my anger and frustration towards the series any better. Everything is wrong, and there are so many weird and awkward scenes that just don't go with the original story. The only thing that brings life to this movie is the cast, but many actors and actresses are now seen for maybe five minutes and that's it. They should've given more thought to how this movie is going to go down. Agh!

☆☆
2 / 10


Anyway, because this post sounds really angry, I want to bring up something else to talk about. Something I'm rather excited about.

I know I haven't talked about trailers ever, but I'm going to start that. Mostly because I want this blog to be more than a movie review blogs, I want to talk about movies in any way I can. Hence, I'll start talking about trailers.

There are two trailers that I want to talk about, because I'm really excited about. The first trailer is for Logan.



First of all, I've loved X-Men since I saw X-Men First Class, and then all the others. While people are of course getting annoyed of Wolverine being everywhere, he is my favourite character, and Hugh Jackman is the perfect person to portray him. Also there's this feeling I have that this might be the last time we do see Wolverine in a movie, or at least in a movie where he'd play a major role.

Why do I feel like that? The whole trailer gives off that kind of vibe, like this is going to be something... ultimate. That this is all going to end. It's mostly the song Hurt, which suits the trailer amazingly.

Also it seems like Logan is going to be everything I ever wanted from a superhero movie. It's going to be violent and dark yet deep and hopeful. Yes, people have been saying that "Man Of Steel did it first" and blah blah blah, I don't care. I don't like Superman, I didn't like that movie, but I know I liked The Wolverine, and if James Mangold is directing Logan, this will be amazing.

Now the other trailer... It's also a superhero trailer, but the whole vibe is different:


I don't like Batman in general. Batman is boring and angsty. But ever since I saw The Lego Movie, I've loved Lego Batman. Lego Batman is fun. Lego Batman is the other thing I've wanted from a superhero movie: a ridiculous comedy. And the LEGO Batman Movie is perfect for my sense of humour.

I love Will Arnett, and he was born to play Batman... At least animated Batman. But the whole cast is amazing. I love Michael Cera in the trailer. Also it's amazing to get to see hear Arnett and Cera working together again.

I have no idea what this movie is about, but it sounds and looks amazing, and I am super excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment