Saturday 12 November 2016

Trailer Thoughts: Live By Night (2017) & Collateral Beauty (2016)

It's time for me to officially write down some of my Trailer Thoughts. I have done this earlier, but those trailers and thoughts I just shoved at the end of a review of the last Harry Potter movie, and they are hard to find on their own. 

Also since this is my first Trailer Thoughts post, I'll give myself some rules. I won't post two posts about trailers in a row. Reviews are what mostly drive this blog, so they come first. Also I'll just try not to have a review and a trailer thoughts posts like one after another, I'll try to have more reviews. 

I'll mostly find these trailers on YouTube. Right now I'm following four different channels posting news and trailers and stuff about movies.  I'm going to look through my subscription and take the trailers that seem most interesting, because there just is too many trailers for me to write about all of them. These posts would be way too long for that. I'm always looking for more channels, though, so if you know a channel, recommend it to me, and I'll be happy.

First trailer I'm gonna talk about today is Live By Night. The movie will come out in 2017, and it's directed by Ben Affleck.


This movie is simply about a group of people living in the Prohibition Era, and their dealings with the world of organised crime.

First of all, who here is surprised that Ben Affleck is going to star in the movie he also directed? Because he keeps doing that.

The atmosphere of the trailer is weirdly mysterious. It's caused mostly by the amazing cinematography and the music, which is perfect and well-chosen for the trailer, but also by the way the trailer is edited. It makes you wonder what is going on, and who is the main character, and yeah, mostly, what is going on? It's intriguing. 

But while trailers are trying to trick everyone to just go see a movie, I know already I won't like this kind of action movie. I'm really picky about action, because I want it to be more than just people shooting guns at each other while exciting soundtrack is playing in the background. Yes, Live By Night seems more than that, but it's the type I hate. It's old and there are gangsters, and I know I won't enjoy that. But still, Ben Affleck has made interesting movies before, so I might go see this. I don't know yet. Everything depends on whether or not it hits the theatres in my hometown.

The second trailer is for the movie Collateral Beauty. It's coming out this December, and it's directed by David Frankel.


Will Smith plays a man who after a tragedy starts writing letters to Love, Time and Death. 

The cast of this movie is incredible. That was the first thing I notice: Will Smith stars in this movie, and he is one of my favourite actors, which definitely makes me interested in this movie. Will Smith is brilliant, and it's a crime he hasn't gotten an Academy Award already. Well, maybe this movie will change that. Also this movie features another one of my favourite actors, Edward Norton. I'd never miss an opportunity to see two of my favourite actors working with each other. 

The very plot of this movie makes it clear this movie will get so many nominations. It's clear this movie will be so deep and also I know I will cry watching this movie. The idea is weirdly abstract - this man will meet Death and Time and Love and talk to them and write letters to them. It seems brilliant.

Oh I will definitely go see this if it comes out, and cry in the theatres.


Reasons to go see Live By Night: Probably will be a great action movie, the cinematography seems incredible and Ben Affleck is a great director.

Reasons to go see Collateral Beauty: The cast is amazing, and this movie will win some awards. Also you will definitely cry (if you let yourself to)

No comments:

Post a Comment