Wednesday 30 November 2016

November - Short Reviews

9.11.  The Lego Movie (2014) - 9 / 10

Yes, as you can probably imagine, this morning hasn't been too happy. I felt like creating a bubble for myself so I don't have to think about how bad the world seems right now. What better way to ignore everything than to watch The Lego Movie?

The Lego movie is probably the funniest animated movie I have ever seen. The dialogue is so much fun and the craziest lines seem impossible to predict. The whole film is a wild ride and considering all the rights Lego company owns, there's bound to be some pretty amazing characters. Of course there are the original characters created for this movie,  but there's also characters like Batman making appearance. The cast of the characters is one of the reasons this movie is so epic.

I just love this movie so much.  It's clever, funny and even touching. At first the whole idea seemed ridiculous: who would want to watch a movie about Legos? But why wouldn't you? This is better than the crap Disney is throwing our way.


Also I am glad because The Lego Movie and the upcoming Lego Batman Movie have given me my favourite version of Batman, played by one of my favourite actors, Will Arnett.

13.11. Baby Mama (2008) - 5 / 10

I've been watching so much 30 Rock lately, and I just wanted to watch something else with Tina Fey in it. And since Amy Poehler was in this movie as well, it felt like a jackpot.

Baby Mama is a fun movie, and I had high hopes for it. That's mostly because I wanted it to end happily, because at a certain point it felt like there's no way for it to end happily. But still, the way it ended felt so stupid and just... too easy. It was too happy in a way that it make everyone's dreams come true, and that happens very rarely in real life. Of course it's nice to have a movie where everyone is more or less happy, but that also felt really cheap.

I love the chemistry between Fey and Poehler. I wish there were more movies with both of them on Netflix.¨

20,11, The Lego Movie (2014) - 9 / 10

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN

25.11. Jennifer's Body (2009) - 8 / 10

This movie is so gay, how did I not see it the first time?

26.11. Stardust (2007) - 7 / 10

I'm not into fantasy. I only like it in video games and when I'm writing it myself, I'm not into fantasy literature or movies. I watched Stardust because it was directed by Matthew Vaughn, and now I have seen all the movies he's directed and are already out.

Stardust is a typical fantasy love story. It's filled with cliches but there are also so many delightful details that are very rare in fantasy, yet they are amazing. The cast is wonderful, and the world seems astonishing. I'd like to know more about it, yet I feel like I didn't care about the movie enough to actually do some research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment