Tuesday 15 October 2013

"Can't pay for your car, the bank takes it back. Can't pay for your house, the bank takes it back. Can't pay for your liver, well, that's where I come in."

Sometimes you are so sure about the ending. Sometimes you just know how it's going to end. And sometimes movie fucks you up really hard because of that.

I always wanted to see Repo Men. It was so close last night, that I would've watched Looper or something I had already seen. I am so glad I watched  this one. This is probably one of my favourites now. I thought I could later (hope it's days later and not just later today) a post like I did for Looper here. This movie deserves a post like that.

Anyway, I hope the quote I used gives you a perfect idea of the movie. In the future, you can buy enhanced organs. They can pay for it right away, or in parts, with an interest of course. But if they fall behind really badly, repomen are sent after them. But then, the main character David (played by Amazing Jude Law), has an accident at work, and his heart gets, well, destroyed, if we can believe what his boss says. And when he was unconscious, they installed an enhanced heart in him, and now he is in the same shit as everyone he ever killed for the organs. And he can't do his job any more, because now he's one of them, and since he has no job, he can't pay for the heart. So you can just assume what happens then - he has to run away from it all.

I loved many things about this movie. I loved the plot, I loved how graphic the movie was, but not too much. Yes, I'm a sick person for enjoying violence in the movies, but I don't know. I just love it. I loved the music, which was composed by Marco Beltrami, who has composed the music for Wolverine! One of my favourite composers then.

But what I loved most in this movie was the ending. Like in Looper, it really fucked up your mind. But I can't say anything else about it. But the movie was really awesome, just watch it. Watch it and let your mind blow for once.



No comments:

Post a Comment