Saturday 19 October 2013

"Negotiation's over. Sentence is death."

I actually used Random.org to decide what movie to watch. ... Okay, I didn't watch the first two it suggested, but then it landed on Dredd and I was like... what the hell.

The movie was ... sort of like my movie taste made into one movie. (Other movies like that are Kick-Ass, Repo Men and Looper.) It was extremely violent, but it doesn't bother me. In fact I really love violence in the movies. Also, the plot was pretty interesting, and not ruined with romantic subplot, even though I had to fear for that.

Karl Urban was magnificent. I think we didn't see his face at all, but I don't mind, he was still pretty good. But I don't know if I can same the same about Judge Dredd. I'm not sure if I like him or not. I think I can't decide anything after one movie, but I don't know what else there is to watch. Except well, apparently there has been another version of this where Stallone played Dredd. I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to watch that.

Another thing, Rookie Anderson was a psychic. That was great, especially the moment when she was inside Kay's head. But the fact that she was a moment made me pause the movie because I needed a moment. Okay, it's stupid to think that mutants with supernatural powers are exclusively X-men stuff, but still. I'm used to the idea that if there's a post-apocalyptic world, or a world anything like the world in Dredd, the mutants are something that is bad, like zombies, and stuff. But I guess this thing in Dredd wasn't too bad. 

[Because come on, there's a TV series about with superpowers, who are mutants. Show is called Mutant X. Seriously.]

But Dredd was amazing. Definitely going to watch it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment