Sunday 13 October 2013

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"



I'm pretty sure this movie is a some sort of classic, but still, I hadn't seen it before. But then again, there are so many movies which I haven't seen, but I should've. Like Lord of the Ring -movies. But let's not go there. Let's talk about Princess Bride.

The plot wasn't anything special, and changed through the movie, I mean first it's this, then after this it's that. You can't explain the plot easily, unless you give something away. Also, got to love those tacky effects and music. My dad came in while I was watching this and he said it looks like a B-movie. Well, what do you expect, it's made in the 80s. 

But also, the movie was sort of amazing. Not in the way that it becomes your favourite and your whole life revolves around it. No, it was amazing in the way that it was somehow sweet movie - sweet and funny. Every part of it. Especially the parts where the grandfather was telling this story for his grandson. ("Is this a kissing book?") Also now I can recognise so many references. Seriously, that's the greatest part of seeing a popular film. Same goes with Mean Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment