Saturday 5 October 2013

"Stupid child. I already saw how you die." "Then you know it's not here, and it's not today."



I've wanted to see Push ever since I saw it's trailer in... probably 2009. Woah. Anyway, even before I saw this movie, it gave me inspiration for a story that I later found terribly clichéd and I wanted to rip everything I had created into pieces. Which was impossible, since all the text was on my computer, so I could only delete it.

The whole movie sort of reminded me of another movie I've seen... Think about this: Main character being a loner, suddenly visited by a girl who sees the future and uses cool clothes. Most characters have different abilities. Story takes place in the east (here China, the other one is in Japan) and also, Hal Yamanouchi in both movies. Basically, if you don't know what I'm talking about, just go to Yamanouchi's IMDb page, and you'll see.

Anyway, I liked this movie a lot. Maybe it was clichéd, but I'm willing to overlook that. I mean it's hard to make a movie that's not a cliché, but still. Push was amazing. I don't know if it was as good as I expected, since I can't remember what I expected four years ago, but it was really good. 

One thing that I liked was that Nick, the main character, played by Chris Evans, wasn't especially good with his telekinetic abilities. I mean he was "second generation Mover", whatever that means, I mean actually, so he wasn't so good. But during the story, he got better. He wasn't always good with his powers, but he got better, which was nice. I mean there's too many movies where the main character is the best at what he does (uh oh). But like Cassie, the Watcher, the girl who sees the future, they weren't so good. Cassie's mother was the best Watcher there is, but Cassie wasn't her. That's what made everything very interesting. Probably the only one who was best at everything was Kira, and mostly because that was the point - she had the injection which boosted the powers, and was the only one who survived it. It's like... it was the character's point. 

Anyway, uh, the plot was ruined with unnecessary romantic plot, but not too ruined. I mean it wasn't all like "omg Kira and Nick are so sweeeet and they love each other", no. There was more important things to do. Also, why was the bad guy black? They could've have other characters being black, why the bad guy? Seriously? 

Also the ending was nice. Mostly because it was a bit open. Not in the way there's gonna be a sequel, those open endings suck. But the way that you know how it ends, but you get to decide something yourself. That's a bit nice. Also I love how the plot had parts where it really fucked up your thoughts. Like woah, it's like this and not like that? Woah. It was great. It works in movies like this.

Anyway, if you like science fiction, watch Push. Maybe it's not gonna be your favourite movie, but it's totally worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment