Monday 9 December 2013

"And Sniff was the first small animal to see the comet through telescope."


I'm so glad there was an option to watch this in English! I've watched moomins all my life, like every Finnish kid, so I'm really picky about the voices. But I was happy with most of them - especially Sniff, who was voiced by Mads Mikkelsen. This also was the reason I watched this movie.

Björk's song at the beginning was awesome. Maybe not so... Maybe it didn't go along with moomins and all this, but it was really cool. 

But, I have to compare this to the book and to the previous film, the Japanese one. This was very much like the book, which is good, since the book is the second best Moomin book ever written. It had all the nice parts the Japanese movie didn't have - like that shop - but still nice parts that weren't in the book but were in the movie - like the cake, Mr Muskrat sitting on the cake, and Sniffs little cat friend. But that one party scene was missing - and I really wanted to see that one. 

But it bothered me that all the characters knew each other already - in the book Moomin and Sniff meet Snufkin and later on Snork and Snorkmaiden, since it's the second book. Sniff joined Moomin family in the first book already. But here they all knew each other already! But yeah, at least they hadn't mixed Little My in it, like they did in the Japanese movie.

I don't know if it is his accent or if he has a lisp, but Mads Mikkelsen's voice made Sniff sound really, really small, as in young.

No comments:

Post a Comment