Saturday 21 December 2013

[No quote found]

[The photo is not working. And I don't think I ever mentioned the name of the movie, but it is En Kort En Lang.]

I think I'm dying of cuteness. 

As most of you already know, (I think all of you know) I'm not into romantic films. Drama is fine by me, but if it's a romantic movie, basically love is the plot, I don't like it. I found another exception - another one was Kate and Leopold. Basically this time I had no idea what the plot is, I just saw few GIFs of it on Tumblr, and I was like, hmm, I could watch it. And as you can see, I'm still watching any movie with Mads Mikkelsen in it. 

So, let me tell you about the plot. Jacob and Jorgen (That's not with the regular o, but I can't find the proper one) are partners, and then Jacob asks Jorgen to marry him. But, almost accidentally, Jacob kisses Caroline, and they basically start an affair. And things get really complicated. Yes, this is a very good synopsis on the plot, but yeah.

Also, I could talk about Jacob for ages! He was so... human. I mean he was adorable and all that, but he was also really, really awkward - or at least got into a lot of awkward situations, and didn't deal with them so very well. And I like that in a character. I mean especially if it's a movie like this one. Characters should be regular human beings - someone you can meet in a shop. But yeah, of course you need a different kind of character for an action film than a romantic comedy, but anyways.

The plot was actually weirdly intense. I mean I was so tense all the time, thinking stuff like "shit shit shit shit", which is usually what I think while watching most intense thrillers (Like Hannibal, haha), but not, you know, drama and stuff. But now I was like so close to start throwing pillows at my computer or screaming at the characters. Especially the part where Jacob tried to hurry to the airport, and everything that could slow him down, happened: car didn't work and cabs were on strike, and all that. And two times - two fucking times - I thought "oh, this movie is going to end in the wrong way". But... well... I'm not going to say anything. And you have no idea what I think is the wrong ending for this movie. But the one it got was perfect, it was so nice.

If I had to describe this movie in three words, it would be adorable, awkward and... well, okay, exciting - in it's own way. But basically, I think I'm going to be smiling for three days straight because of this movie. (Unless I watch a movie that's really, really bad tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment