Sunday 22 December 2013

"Wow, that was such an expensive looking explosion! I can't believe we had that in the budget."


Uh... What can I say? Obviously the movie is for kids, it didn't even have any hidden jokes for grown ups - apart from making fun of some celebrities kids probably don't know.

Most awkward thing about this was the lame musical numbers. The only not so lame musical number was that rap performed by the villain, who wanted to have he old Muppets studio because of the oil underneath it. It was the only one that didn't make me want to jump out of the window.

But the movie had it's moment. It constantly broke the fourth wall ("Wow, this is going to be a really short movie"). A lot of the jokes were actually really funny. And also, so many great cameos, like Dave Grohl, Jack Black, Emily Blunt (spoofing her role in Devil Wears Prada), Jim Parsons, Zach Galifianakis and Neil Patrick Harris ("How come I'm not hosting this show?") 

But also, the movie was filled with unneeded drama.

But then again, maybe this movie means more to those who have grown up with The Muppets. I'm from Finland - I grew up with Moomins instead of this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment