Sunday 29 December 2013

"It started with a chair."



I've read a lot about Juno. Quite many people like it, apparently. I'm can't say that for myself though.

The music in the movie was pretty nice. I knew a lot of the songs that were played, and it's always nice to hear good songs you know in a movie. I was especially happy to hear Sea Of Love by Cat Power. It's one of those songs that I've been wondering where I've heard them, because they sound so familiar and they have a weird touch on your heart. But, well, I haven't heard it before in this movie, that's for sure. And I know now that I heard that in a YouTube video made by Shane Dawson. Oh, the times... 

Writing and dialogue were extremely brilliant, just like I was promised. But then again, after a while, I started getting a bit bored with it. Like it went through my brain but it wasn't so touchingly witty any more. And I'm mostly talking about the dialogue here. But at first the dialogue was like "Hell yeah, I want to be able to write a dialogue like that", but after they kept using it, it was ... unnoticeable. I don't know. And that kind of dialogue would never work in my writing, so that's for that.

But seriously, the plot was ... not interesting. Maybe I just don't like this sort of thing. I don't know. But I expected more from this movie than I should've, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment