Saturday 18 January 2014

"Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!"


RED stands for Retired, Extremely Dangerous.

I wanted to watch RED ever since I had my Bruce Willis phase last year. I don't know how big my phase seemed here, I mean did I watch more than every Die Hard? Probably not. I can't remember. But now I thought that I could watch it - mostly because, you know, I've found another actor I like, and he is in the second part.  So yeah.

But basically anyone who is anyone is in RED - Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Brian Cox, Karl Urban... So many actors, so many very bad-ass actors. But there's the little thing that I don't even remember any names of the characters. Basically I've just been referring to the actors in my mind. So basically the movie is about retired CIA agent who someone is trying to kill, and then he gets his old team back and they start... well, fighting back, trying to figure out what all this is about. Yup. And well, Mary-Louise Parker isn't a veteran actor, she's Willis' character's love interest, and she gets dragged into all of this because Willis' character decides to visit her, even though CIA is following him and all that. Yup, very good explanation on the plot. 

But I don't know if the plot is any better than in any action packed movie, but I didn't mind. Maybe action comedies aren't meant to be watched for the plot rather than... other stuff. And okay, the plot isn't bad, but it isn't so special either, it's a basic action plot. But I really liked the movie. It was fun, really fun. I didn't even think I ould like John Malkovich, but he did fantastic job. I wish Freeman had a bigger part, but then again I'm not that big of a fan, I mean I've seen him only in few movies so I don't know. I just don't see him as an action hero? He seems more like a drama guy.

But, anyway, I really liked RED, and I'm looking forward to see the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment