Thursday 25 June 2015

"I don't think Steve fucks skulls."


Year: 2007
Director: Gregg Araki
Writer: Dylan Haggerty

The main character is Jane F, who wants to be an actress. She accidentally eats pot cupcakes made by her roommate, so her day becomes one big weird adventure when she tries to a) Get money for the dealer b) Somehow make new pot cupcakes for the roommate and c) go through the audition.

I said few days ago I might watch this movie again, because Danny Masterson was in it. So now I watched Smiley Face again, the first ever movie I ever watched from Netflix (I got Netflix about a week ago so)

Last time I wrote about this movie, I said how it made me felt kind of high when watching it. That's how the movie was made. But the second time - nothing. It didn't affect me like that anymore. I don't know if it was the situation or if simply the movie gets boring after first time. 

The cinematography in this movie is good. The colours are great and of course the filming technique is weird in a good way. It helps to see the film from the point of view of a stoner. 

This movie is so absurd, I mean everything is absurd - not the start of the story where she eats the cupakes, but everything after that is really absurd. But still this movie doesn't manage to be that funny, it's mostly very boring, especially when you've already seen it.

Also it's quite frustrating to watch - you want to yell at the main character, because nothing she does is rational. That sort of is the point of the movie, but it's quite annoying.

So I think I won't be seeing this movie ever again. 

☆☆☆☆
4 / 10




No comments:

Post a Comment