Sunday 28 June 2015

"Good. Now gently remove your tampon and try again."


Year: 2009
Director: John Hamburg
Writers: John Hamburg & Larry Levin

"Friendless Peter Klaven goes on a series of man-dates to find a Best Man for his wedding. But, when his insta-bond with his new B.F.F. puts a strain on his relationship with his fiancée, can the trio learn to live happily ever after?"
- Summary written by iMDB editors.

I know I haven't been as active in June as I meant to be. So today I just said to myself, to hell with it, I'm gonna watch whatever I find on Netflix. And I think this is how I should go through July. 

The beginning of this story was kind of weak. You don't know who anybody is, and you are quite unsure why you should be interested in Peter or anyone else. That's kind of the problem with stories that start just like that. But in movies it's hard to start in a way that could just explain everything to the viewer just like that. It sure is hard, but the beginning of this movie was really, really weak. It got better though.

The characters however... Some of them were multi-dimensional, some of them weren't. In the end, I don't think I cared about any of the characters, they just were there. Of course I felt bad for some characters. but I didn't honestly care for them that much. Something was missing from them - they weren't really characters, they were the same "characters" that are in every comedy, they weren't original. They were types. It was kind of annoying.

But even though the movie was a really typical comedy, the story was interesting. It was a change - even though not too imaginary one - to all those movies where people are looking for their soulmate. It was refreshing seeing a character who has found love, trying to find a friend. 

Also this movie didn't really try to tell which one was more important, love or friendship. That was good. 

I Love You, Man was quite typical, but it mostly funny. There were jokes that weren't that great, but really this movie was refreshing and fun, easy to watch, but not an original masterpiece or anything like that.

 ☆☆☆☆☆☆
6 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment