Friday 28 February 2014

"This girl has no concept of reality." "A girl... the plot thickens."


American Psycho 2... My dad bought it because it was a "paperback" movie and cheap. I don't know if "paperback" movie is a thing, but it means the cover is made of cardboard, and it isn't bigger than a CD cover, so yeah. It was cheap, my dad bought it at the same time as American Psycho. I never thought I'd watch it, but I did.

American Psycho 2 is about Rachael Newman, a student who has it all figured out - she wants to be an assistant for the college's professor, because that seems to be the ticket to Quantico, which is her goal. Problem is, there are other people interested in that job as well, so... what should she do about it?

Anyway, I like the movie. I like the story, I like how it's done. It's exactly what you want from a movie with no serious plot, but you just want to see someone kill a lot of people. Okay, it's good, I like the character and all. What I don't like, for starters, is Mila Kunis and her little girl voice. I don't know why, but I just can't stand her. But the biggest pet peeve for me is...

Why the fuck would you make this movie and call it a sequel for American Psycho? I read on IMDb that they didn't even try to make a sequel at first, but an independent film, you know. They should've stuck with that. American Psycho is great, at least the book is, so why ruin it? And besides, the connections were so fucking little it was stupid. Rachael was interested in serial killers, because he witnessed Patrick Bateman kill her babysitter. And then she stabbed him. And that's it, Patrick Bateman is only mentioned few times during the movie - that's it! They could've come up with someone else, and the movie would be okay. But making a useless sequel to something that's based on something as great as a novel by Bret Easton Ellis... that's not okay. That's the complete opposite of okay.

But otherwise the movie was fun to watch. I mean Rachael's inner monologue made it sound like a stupid teen comedy, if we don't pay attention to the people she killed and to the things her inner monologue said. Also, the music was completely amazing. And it was exactly what I said, it's almost a fun movie about murder. It's what I like, usually. Now it would've been great if it hadn't been for... you know, the last whole paragraph I just wrote.

If it wasn't a sequel, I would give it a higher rating, but now I have no other choice than...

☆☆☆☆
4 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment