Sunday 23 February 2014

"You can't wig out." "I know." "I mean it." "I won't."


Panic Room is a movie that my dad has tried to make me watch for as long as I can remember. ... Okay, I guess as long as I've been old enough to watch it. And now I did, mostly because I love Jodie Foster so very very much. I've loved her since I saw Silence Of The Lambs, a bit longer than I've loved Julianne Moore.

The story is, Meg and her daughter move into a new house, because Meg and her husband are going through a divorce. It's their first night in the house, and stuff starts to happen - three men break in, and their goal is the money hidden in the panic room. Well, the problem is, Meg and Sarah try to hide there. So, the men want them out of there, they want the men out of the house. So who's going to get what they want?

First of all, I love thrillers. I prefer thrillers over horror movies, because the terror comes from different sources. In horror it's usually something supernatural. In thrillers, it's caused by people. Which is why I love them, because basically everyone is equal. It's not mortal human being versus immortal old spirit or anything. Its human beings versus other human beings. Anyway, Panic Room is very, very, VERY terrifying the way it is. I don't think I would want to change anything, there's no way to make it more terrifying. I think the story is great in the way, where the men breaking in are after money. It would be completely ruined if their goal was to kill Meg or Sarah. Because no, the money is important, and they are ready to do anything to get their hands on the money. Well, at least some of them are ready.

Every actor in this movie did their job right. Jodie Foster was amazing as always. Jared Leto was great, Forest Whitaker was brilliant... But what I mostly want to talk about is Kristen Stewart. People give her a lot of shit because of Twilight movies, and how expressionless she is. But I think that being "expressionless" has also to do with people's attitude towards her. They see her expressionless in one movie, and then they assume she's always like that. But to be honest, she is very expressive when she needs to be. (And to be honest, why give actors shit when the movie and the original script are the problem?) Here she was a bit expressionless, but that kind of suited her character. Jodie Foster is also sometimes very expressionless, and in Panic Room, the expressions they both gave were mostly distressed and all that. But it suits the movie. So I don't know.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment