Saturday 29 March 2014

"You're right, I've got a lot of problems... But they belong to me." "You think they're yours, but they're not. Everybody that walks in that door becomes part of your problem."


I so hope I could easily explain the plot here.

John is having an affair with his wife's sister. John also promised to house his old friend Graham for couple of days. John's wife isn't very happy about that, but when she meets Graham, she really likes the guy. Later on they realise what's Graham's interest: he films interviews with women, and those interviews are mostly about sex.

Well, to be honest, that doesn't cover it. Not at all, since it's so much deeper. But last time I used two paragraphs to describe only the plot, and I'm not going to do it this time. To be honest, I don't think I could. I wouldn't have the words for it.

I watched the movie because of James Spader. Yup. My dad recognised him in The Blacklist and mentioned this movie. And I thought, what the hell, I could watch it. And I did. And it was great. It wasn't exactly what I expected. I expected it would be more about the videotapes, but it wasn't. I don't know which one I would've preferred. It probably was better this way. Because now the focus was on the characters - John, his wife Ann, Ann's sister Cynthia and Graham. We could get to know the characters, and we didn't have to focus too much on the tapes. Because they showed one tape that was made of someone who wasn't an actual character. So the tape things we saw were important because of the women in them. I don't really know how to put my thoughts into words here.

James Spader is magnificent actor. And oh, he is so pretty in this movie. I'd like to know when exactly did he turn from pretty to handsome / sexy, which ever you prefer.

I seriously have no idea what to say about this movie. It's great movie. It's amazing. And you should definitely see it.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment