Saturday 26 April 2014

"I was cleaning the chimney." "We have no chimney." "Whaaat?"


Mostly unknown worker at the Oscorp, Max Dillon, has an accident, and is turned into a creature that controls and is powered by electricity. He used to be a fan of Spider-man, but afterwards feels like Spider-Man has betrayed him. Also, Harry Osborn comes back to town after his father, Norman Osborn, dies from a genetic disease. Harry Osborn thinks that only thing that can save him is blood from someone, who has regenerative abilities - Spider-man. Meanwhile Peter Parker is struggling with personal problems after a promise he gave to Gwen Stacy's father.

The plot seems like any Superhero plot. It's not very good, doesn't stand out, but it's not extremely bad either. But somehow Parker's relationship problems with Gwen Stacy isn't as repulsive as Parker's relationship problems in the three Spider-man movies. I don't know if it has something to do with Parker being very young, and acts his age. Peter Parker in Spider-man -movies seems to be older, but still somehow acts like he was still sixteen. Somehow Andrew Garfield makes those relationship problems less nauseating compared to Tobey Maguire, even though he also is a good actor. I blame the writing.

I really liked how they brought Harry Osborn into the plot - finally. I really like the character, I'm not even sure why. Probably because his fortune in the Spider-Man 3 (That movie is so bad, it was probably written by a 12-year-old) was... Well, it was something I wasn't hoping for. Dane DeHaan was a very good choice for Harry Osborn, and I think I like him better than James Franco, even though I like Franco very much. DeHaan just is somehow closer to Harry Osborn and how I see him. What was unfortunate about TASM2 was how quickly Norman Osborn died. He seriously didn't do almost anything during the movie, and I was used to Willem DeFoe being in every movie even after his character died. 

Jamie Foxx - you might know him from Tarantino's Django Unchained - was magnificent as Electro. His character was pretty interesting. At first he's like a nobody, no one even notices him, and when Spider-man says that Max Dillon is important, the character like... well, it sort of changes him. Of course he still is pretty lonely, but he has some hope. And then the accident happened, and he got a lot of attention, of course, but most of that was unfortunately negative. It was almost painful to see him saying "Stop, it isn't my fault", and all. I liked the special effects of the electricity he used. The bolts were nicely pink and purple and not just the lame electric blue we see all the time, so it gets a bit boring. Also the music used during Electro was nice - well used dubstep in movies is one of my favourite form of movie music.

 J Jonah Jameson was mentioned in the movies, but wasn't shown. Parker sent him photos of Spider-Man via e-mail, that's that. There are two conclusions I came to: 1) The movie is so modern that probably JJJ and Parker won't ever meet. 2) J. K. Simmons did so marvellous job last time that no one wants to replace him. I mean he was the voice of J Jonah Jameson in the Ultimate Spider-Man animation series.

After the credits there isn't a clip about Amazing Spider-man franchise - apparently. I only sat through the halfway through them, so I saw a teaser for my favourite Superhero franchise: Days Of Future Past will be in theaters in May, and that's the next time I will probably go to cinema.

☆☆☆☆☆☆
6 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment