Sunday 4 May 2014

"When you said you'd been in worse situations than this, were you lying?" "No. When we were falling toward the planet and the engines cut out? That was worse."


Medical vessel Nightingale gets an emergency distress signal. When they locate the signal, they lose their captain. There is more trouble, when they get one person as a patient, and they find a weird, alien artifact, which seems to have weird effect on some of the crew members. What is going on, when suddenly two crewmembers aren't on board anymore, and the new captain is left stuck where the patient and weird artifact came from?

Okay, I had really hard time concentrating on this movie tonight. I guess it's partially because I couldn't find subtitles. Yes, I'm helpless, I need subtitles, because if I don't have them, I might miss something important, when I can't understand someone's pronouncing. 

Supernova is not the best science fiction movie out there. It's well written, the idea is great, but something about it ruins the whole package. Now science fiction thriller - that's something I've loved ever since I saw some of the scariest episodes of Doctor Who. Supernova is exciting and thrilling, but it's not exactly scary. Not the way that some Doctor Who episodes are.

To be short, the movie had a lot of potential, but somehow that potential didn't make it through the movie. That's all I really want to say about the movie. (But I have to add, muscular James Spader was easy on the eyes.)

☆☆☆☆☆
5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment