Sunday 11 May 2014

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2014


I really haven't watched movies this week, I've been too excited about Eurovision to watch new movies. (I did watch Kick-Ass 2 now that I finally bought it, but I don't think I had anything new to say about it. ((Now that I think about it - I would've! After reading the comic book! Fuck!))) 

There might be someone reading this who is not from Europe, and therefore not familiar with the concept "Eurovision Song Contest", but I don't think I will start to explain about it. But basically now that Europe has calmed down from all the wars, they have this way to fight wars. And when it's time to give the points, there might be... real anger there. Like I last night: "What the hell, Sweden gave us six points? We better not give them any more than that!"

I had few years where I didn't watch Eurovision, but last year I started to watch them again. This year was actually pretty good - I knew the winner already in the semi final. Also, not every year can you see kids from your school to be 11th in the grand final of Eurovision Song Contest!

But congratulations for the beautiful Conchita Wurst! Beautiful person and beautiful song both deserved the win! Amazing!

My favourites of the year:
Armenia - Aram MP3: Not Alone
Austria - Conchita Wurst: Rise Like a Phoenix
Azerbaijan - Dilara Kazimova: Start a Fire
Belarus - Teo: Cheesecake
Finland - Softengine: Something Better
France - Twin Twin: Moustache
Georgia - The Shin And Mariko: Three Minutes to Earth
Germany - Elaiza: Is It Right
Israel - Mei Finegold: Same Heart
Malta - FireLight: Coming Home
Switzerland - Sebalter: Hunter of Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment