Sunday 18 May 2014

"Break out the L-word." "Lesbian?" "The other L-word". "...Lesbians?"


Scott Pilgrim's life is good - he's dating a high schooler, his band is doing well. But things change when he meets a girl he saw in his dream. The girl is Ramona Flowers. For a while everything with Ramona seems so simple and almost perfect - until a random encounter attacks Scott and claims to be Ramona's first evil ex. Scott realises, that if he wants to date Ramons, he has seven evil exes to defeat.

To be honest, I like the movie. I've seen it several times, and it still doesn't fail to amaze me. It has been edited wonderfulfully and the effects are nice. I love the surreal feeling the movie has - the world seems to be our world, but then again there is some fantasy kind of shit going on - vegans have psychic abilities etc. But then again, when you think about it, the story is more like a game. You need to defeat people and you get experience, and then there's the boss fight etc. And in games, there are some weird powers etc. and it sometimes seems completely natural, even if the world wouldn't be so special. I don't know.

One thing that bothers me though is Ramona. I love her, she's amazing, but I think she's just a plain manic pixie dream girl. I don't know, it's like she is just there to make life a bit more amazing for Scott. The character has no apparent personality of her own. But apart from that - yeah, I truly like her. She's very cool.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment