Monday 24 April 2017

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 1

I'm taking part in the 30 Day Movie Challenge. I asked on Twitter, whether or not I should do this challenge here, on Twitter or on Tumblr, and the blog gained the most votes on that poll. So of course I'm catering to my audience and doing this challenge here. 

Here's the list of the days and the challenges, in case someone else wants to do it too. 


Day 1 - Favourite movie: T2 Trainspotting


I went to see T2 Trainspotting when it came out here. I went to see it three times altogether, because it just had that kind of big effect on me.

We've been talking a lot about this movie with my other Trainspotting loving friends, and we've come to the conclusion that the movie's power lies in the way the movie is built. Many movies have that one particular scene that's the high point of the movie. You look forward to that scene and there are so many less intriguing moments. But with T2 Trainspotting, every scene is as great as the previous one and the next one. Every scene makes you think "Oh god, THIS scene!" Even when the scenes aren't thrilling or particularly memorable, they are still vital. There's nothing in this movie I would take out of.

Also the soundtrack is bewitching. Just like every scene is "that scene", every song on the soundtrack is "that song". 

And of course T2 Trainspotting plays with our need for nostalgia, but it isn't over doing it. There are actual footage from the first movie used, and it's used just the perfect amount. And of course there are the scenes mirroring the ones in the first movie. Since getting old is a big theme of the movie, this play on nostalgia is on point - for the audience and the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment