Sunday 30 April 2017

April - Short Reviews

2.4. She's Funny That Way (2014) - 9 / 10

I chose She's Funny That Way randomly in a rental store. It seemed like an easy, cute movie to watch. And I can't believe how much I actually love this!

She's Funny That Way has that weird yet charming atmosphere mostly created by the music and the dialogue. It's what I'd want from certain director's who are popular but whose films are actually very boring to the common viewer.

This film is hilarious because of the chaotic way everything just piles up and how many characters know each other and run into each other during the movie.

She's Funny That Way is an excellent and charming comedy, which I warmly recommend to everyone.

11.4. The Voices (2014) - 3 / 10

I've wanted to see this movie since it first came out, but only managed to see it now.

At the beginning the movie I thought it was gonna go two different ways. Either it's inappropriately hilarious, or it makes the viewer super uncomfortable. Well the movie was both funny and really distressing, but also it turned out to be completely different from what I hoped. and not in a good way.

There are many great elements to the story but eventually it just doesn't seem to live up to its potential. The story clearly needs something more, something different, to make it truly great.

Also there's the matter of how hurtful this movie is to those who actually suffer from certain mental illnesses where you hear voices. But of course I'm not the judge of that.

16.4. Velvet Goldmine (1998) - 5 / 10

We streamed Velvet Goldmine and it was hard for me to actually understand what was happening... The narrative was a mess, but there sure was lot of glitter.

23.4. Shallow Grave (1994) - 8 / 10

I'm not saying much since I need to see this again and write a longer review.

29.4. The Wolverine (2013) - 6 / 10

Even if it's been four years I still love this movie so much.

30.4. Hackers (1995) - 4 / 10

what

No comments:

Post a Comment