Thursday 13 April 2017

Trailer Thoughts: The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017) & Atomic Blonde (2017)

It's been a while since I've talked about trailers, but it's time to return to this. First trailer is for The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017), directed by Patrick Hughes, who is a completely new director to me. I have never seen any of his movies, and I've heard of only one of them.

Put shortly, the story is about a bodyguard (Ryan Reynolds), who's job is to protect a hitman (Samuel L. Jackson) who is supposed to testify at the International Court of Justice.


The trailer fails to give a right image of the movie. There's like no information abou the story there, it's just action, explosions and swearing. But from browsing Patrick Hughes' filmography, The Hitman's Bodyguard might be exactly that. My favourite thing about the trailer is the play on the song I will always love you. 

But it does seem absurd and hilarious that Samuel L Jackson would be protected by Ryan Reynolds. 

The whole movie just seems like mindless action comedy, and that's about it.


Now the other trailer I'm going to talk about is for Atomic Blonde (2017). It's apparently based on a graphic novel, and it's directed by David Leitch. According to IMDb he's also going to be directing Deadpool 2, and he has directed some scenes in John Wick. Leitch seems to be best known for being a stuntman.

Atomic Blonde is about an MI6 agent who goes to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate a murder of a fellow agent.





I had seen some parts of the trailer before, but not the whole trailer. Those small pieces had already made me interested, because the movie seemed like it's going to be amazing visually. Also the cast seems incredible, if a bit white.

The trailer is extremely well done, the music has been chosen well, because it already captures the viewer and makes them think that shit,, I want to see that movie. 

While The Hitman's Bodyguard seemed kind of mindless, Atomic Blonde seems like it's going to be a surprisingly clever. I'm definitely going to go see this once it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment