Sunday 7 December 2014

"Is this an interview or a hit?" "Whatever man. You got any more cookies?"


Violet and Daisy are teenage assassins, who are on their vacation, except new dresses from Barbie Sunday are going to be on sale soon, and they don't have enough money, which means they have to take another gig, which seems like an easy job until it isn't.

I don't even know what made me want to watch this movie. I mean sure, it has Saoirse Ronan in it, and I love her. But seriously, this movie seemed like such a B-movie considering the idea. Teenage assassins, come on. But I thought that maybe it would be better than that. I mean the whole idea seemed like it could be really good or really bad, and nothing in between.

Well, actually, the movie wasn't really bad, but it wasn't very good either. It was somewhere in the middle. I almost forgot how it seemed like a B-movie, because something in the filming style and story reminded me a lot of Quentin Tarantino. So basically Violet and Daisy was sort of like cheaper and a lot "tamer" Tarantino movie for teenagers, I don't know. But even though there was a lot of shooting and violence - not very graphic but still - there were also a lot of scenes where the characters only talked, and the story went on with mainly dialogue. This is something that Tarantino uses a lot, though Tarantino's dialogue is much better and much more everyday, common, humdrum, whatever is the right word. In Violet and Daisy the dialogue tried to be very meaningful and deep, which didn't impress me much.

This movie seemed to just go on forever. I thought I had watched about an hour, but no, I had watched only 30 minutes. It felt really frustrating, because the movie didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Also I hate how this movie had a perfect opportunity for a lesbian couple, but then... nothing. Disappointing.

I don't know if I should recommend this movie to anyone. Probably not. I mean it's not bad but it's not worth your time either. You could spend time much better than watching this.

☆☆☆☆
4 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment